Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thanksgiving Pie Vocabulary

Are y'all fans of pies as much as I am?  It's a weakness, unfortunately.  My favorites are pumpkin and apple...with homemade whipped cream on top.  Ok now I'm getting hungry.  Lol.

When I saw this clipart, I just couldn't pass it up.  It was just begging to be turned into a fun little game for my kiddos.  My third graders are currently working on vocabulary...specifically synonyms, antonyms, and homophones.  So this activity targets precisely that.  Have a look!

It uses yummy pies to help kids increase their vocabulary in the areas of synonyms, antonyms, and homophones.

First print, laminate, and cut out the circle cards.  You can use a 2.5 inch circle or scalloped cut.  I use a 3 inch scalloped because it's just more fun.

This game is played like memory (which means it can also double as a reinforcer!).  Each student takes a turn drawing two cards to try and find the corresponding vocabulary cards.




You could play a synonym game, an antonym game, or a homophone game.  I wouldn't suggest mixing them up.  It could get a little confusing for the kiddos.



The students collect their matches on cute little plate mats.  Whoever has the most matches when all the cards run out is the winner.

Now, this game doesn't only need to be played around Thanksgiving time.  Pies are delicious any day of the year!  :)

You can check this game out at my TPT store HERE!!  

Graphics by MareeTrueLove

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...