Sunday, May 5, 2013

BHSM is Here with a FREEBIE!!

Sorry I've been a little MIA lately.  It's spring...which means SHOWER planning time!  One thing you should know about me is that I have become the QUEEN of showers and parties.  I usually plan at least 5 a year, and of course all around the same time.  I actually have 3 scheduled for this May.  What can I say?  All my friends love to get married and have babies haha.

Of course, May is also Better Hearing and Speech Month!  I thought I'd share a few activities that I'm doing at my school.  Have a looksy!

ASHA logo - used w/ permission

First, I created a little "Did you know" wall in the main entryway at school, since I didn't have much bulletin board space to work with.  I just printed out some interesting stats and cutesied them up, then attached them to the wall with teacher tape.


Next, I made several bookmarks that include tips for teachers on articulation, language, fluency, and hearing loss.  I plopped these in the teacher's lounge free for the taking!



You can make some of your own too!  Just download this printable freebie HERE, punch a hole in the top, and attach ribbon or yarn.  I had a lot of yarn on hand, so I just used that.


Lastly, I found some oh-so-fabulous free printables from Heather's Speech Therapy.  You should totally head over to her blog and check them out.  So fun!

I attached her vocal hygiene printables to tiny water bottles and will put them in the teacher's boxes for a little treat.



I also printed the noise-induced hearing loss printable to little baggies of ear-plugs to put in the their boxes for next week.



I hope my teachers like some of these fun tips!  Anyway, what do you think?  How are y'all celebrating Better Hearing and Speech Month??


3 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,

    I LOVE your websites and as a new SLP could not have made it through my first year without it! I love the bookmarks you made for BSHM and thought they would be a neat back to school treat for the teacher at my school. Is it possible to get them without the "BSHM" references? I am happy to pay for them. Thanks! Kim Jerrehian,Palmyra, PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there,
    I wanted to see if you had the freebie for Did you know and the bookmarks?? would love to have them
    Thanks Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I think I fixed the link to the bookmarks! Go ahead and try to download! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...