Wednesday, March 6, 2013

10 Fun Pinterest Finds for Speech

It's no secret that I love browsing around on Pinterest.  I admit that I probably spend way too much time  there, but there are just SOOOO many cool finds!  If it's used for educational purposes, can I justify all the hours I spend clicking around? (Please say yes lol)

I thought I'd share a few things I've come across with all of you and how I'm planning on revamping them for my speech room.

So, here are 10 of my favorite activities I've found on Pinterest.  Check 'em out!  The source buttons under each picture link to the pinterest pins.



1.  Power Towers - The canisters are filled with cups.  Students stack cups as they get an answer correct.  If they miss they have to start all over.  Speech style: Each cup could have an artic word on it - different canisters for different sounds.  If they say it correctly, they can stack.  If they say it incorrectly or knock over their tower, they have to start over.

{SOURCE}

 2.  Blooming Synonyms - These cute flowers were made out of construction paper and have synonym ladders in each pedal.  For speech, you could do the synonyms if that's one of their goals.  You could also do articulation words, fluency strategies, vocabulary, etc.  I'd probably also put their goal or target sound in the center circle.

{SOURCE}

3.  Bee Poetry - You know I do love busy bees, so I had to include these!  These were originally made to work on poetry.  For speech, I'll probably get the kids to write their speech goals on it next year and hang them in my room.  :)  You could also put artic words or glue pictures on it as well.

{SOURCE}

4.  Worms and Birds - Pipe cleaners act as the worms and clothespins act as the bird beaks.  You could use this as a reinforcer game.  For every correct answer, they pick up a worm.  Or maybe see who can pick up the most in 10 seconds.  This is great for fine motor as well.

{SOURCE}

5.  Elephant Trunk Craft - I saw this adorable elephant and immediately thought it'd be perfect for oral motor activities!  Kids can practice lip rounding, breath support, blowing, and sucking through the elephant's nose (ok, that was a weird sentence).  You could use different objects for the nose such as, straws, whistles, pipes, etc.

{SOURCE}

6. Bug Slap - I love these bug slapping games.  Anything that gets the kids talking and moving is right up my alley.  I have seen some bug slapping artic games that you can buy on TPT.  This one is just too cute with the  giant bugs drawn on bulletin board paper.  One student can say find a word with their sound and say it, while the other students race to slap it.

{SOURCE}

7.  Don't Fall Off the Web - I have some Spider-Man loving little boys on my caseload that would absolutely go crazy for this game.  Put Super Duper cards on the corners and have them walk on the lines without slipping.  They have to stop at each card to say the word/answer the question.

{SOURCE}

8.  Matching Letters Pole - This would be a cool center activity.  Each colored sticker could have words with a certain speech sound on it.  The students would have to find their letter on the pole and place a sticker over it.  I'd probably use several poles.

{SOURCE}


9.  Balloon Ping Pong - I'm planning on using this activity with my fluency kids.  It'd be great to talk about slow rate (the balloon is slow), light contact (hit the ball lightly), and pausing.  They could say a word or phrase everytime the ball is tapped.

{SOURCE}

10.  Spoon Puppet Theater - Ok, how cute is this?  This would be awesome for students working on social skills to role play different social scenarios.  It'd really work for any student that's working on conversation skills or at the conversational level.  Love!

{SOURCE}
So, which ones did you like?  What fun activities have you found on Pinterest?  Please share the wealth!  :)


10 comments:

  1. I LOVE Pinterest too! I really like the blooming synonyms activity- going to have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one lol! I like the blooming synonyms too. So fun for spring!

      Delete
  2. So cute. I like all of them. So low cost and low tech!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I LOVE all of them! Great finds. Can't wait to try a few with my clients. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute spring ideas!! thanks for finding and sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do one similar to the elephant.... only I have a frog with a spot cut out for the party blower to go through fo rhis long tonge. They love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the web with tape on Playing with Words, I used it at Halloween, my students LOVED IT! They were soo sad when I finally pulled it up off the carpet. :) Might have to be a yearly tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to play the balloon ping pong! So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...