Thursday, January 16, 2014

Therapy Fun Find of the Week

As a therapist I feel like I have to think outside the box A LOT.  I guess it's because each child or client is different, and though two might have the same goals, the way they reach them are never the same.  You have to take into account what motivates them, their abilities, their limitations, their age, etc.  It seems to go on and on.

I'm always looking around for new things or ideas to try, whether it be a game, new toy, helpful article, video, craft, etc.  I thought I'd share with you some fun things I find from time to time...just in case you're in the same boat as me.  :)  


This fun find is for your little ones or your low functioning friends.  Youtube is actually great for therapy finds.  I found this channel called PelicanTalk that has cute preschool themed videos for speech!  I think it's supposed to be promotional clips for their other products, but they have several uploaded on their channel.

Check out this cute oral awareness video.



This is actually perfect for my preschoolers that just have no awareness of their mouths or faces.  Mirrors can only go so far, so clips like this make it a little more fun and interesting for them.  I don't really do a lot of specific oral motor activities with my kids, but I do like doing activities to increase oral awareness when they have deficits in that area.

PelicanTalk has about 6 videos for teaching prepositions, vocabulary, or other concepts.  It's definitely worth checking out if you work with preschoolers.  Plus, they have cute Australian accents in all of the clips.  ;)

What do you think?  Any interesting finds you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...