Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mardi Gras Mambo Freebie!

Down here in the deep South, people love them some Mardi Gras!  Despite its bad rap, there are several fun, family-friendly parades everywhere.  My kiddos get really excited when the holiday comes around, especially because we get 2 or 3 days off school for it!  Even though I may not be thrilled about everything that goes on during Mardi Gras, it's a significant part of my culture.  So, I always like to incorporate the theme into my therapy sessions.

This year, "Fat Tuesday" falls really early...February 12 actually!  I'm rolling out a fun Mardi Gras-themed freebie for you today.  I genuinely appreciate all of your support and sweet comments, so this is a big THANK YOU from me to you!  :)

Check it out!  This mini-packet comes with an open ended game board that can be used with the enclosed cards or any card deck.
The doubloon cards have various words and phrases associated with Mardi Gras.  You can use them to practice articulation, describing, defining, etc.  There is also a sheet of blank cards to address any skills you wish.


I've also included a reading passage that gives fun facts about Mardi Gras.  This can be used for comprehension, to find the main idea, using context clues, etc.  

Lastly, there are 2 fun craftivities using masks!  They can decorate and make their own masks.


OR they can mark the dots on the Do-a-Dot mask worksheet.  :)

You can grab this at my TPT store HERE!  Hope you and your kids enjoy!  Please leave feedback if you download!  


2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Need one with the Alabama state on it too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I'm sure they have their share of parades in 'Bama too! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...