Monday, October 8, 2012

Have a Look Around!

Hey y'all!

I'm so glad you came to visit my new blog!  My name is Lauren, and I am a SLP down in South Louisiana.  First, let me just say that I am extremely blessed.  The school where I work and my administration are A-Mazing!  It's a brand-new school, and they let me have my very own speech classroom all to myself.  I was transferred last year when the school opened, and this was the first time to be able to organize and decorate my own space.  SO exciting!

I wanted to share where I got the inspiration for my blog title and color theme...well come take a peek into my speech room and see!  I made this fun wreath to go outside my classroom door.  :)  I scoured pinterest and blogland to get some wreath ideas, and this is what I ended up with.  Love it so far!

Here is the bulletin board outside my classroom.  Isn't it fun?  I'm digging the color scheme.


I made all my kids write their goals for the year and I posted them on my cabinet doors.  This way, we can refer back to them as often as we need. 
This is my ginormous bulletin board on the back wall of my classroom.  It's like 16ft long!  I really wanted to make it functional.  So the far left side is my speech expectations (or the RULES).  The far right is my RtI attendance sticker charts.  And in the middle is the "I Can Say It" wall.  It's like a word wall, but I put the common letters kids work on in articulation and fluency strategies.  I tell my students that when I hear them using their "good speech" in conversation with me or their friends, I write the word they said correctly on a post-it note (yellow of course) and stick it next to the letter on the wall!  They start to listen to each other and tell me when they hear their friends using their words correctly too. 
I also have centers in dollar store baskets that I spray painted black.  I just put everything needed for the center in the basket and labeled it with a cutesie label.  I have articulation centers and language lab centers.


I also have a spot for homework folders and speech wallets.  If they obey the rules in speech that day, they get a buck.  Then they can choose to buy something out of the $3 box or save it for a prize out of the $5 box.

So what do you think?  It is working for me so far.  I'm loving these colors and patterns.  I got all the cutesie printables and many of the ideas from school girl style.  She has AWESOME stuff, and it's worth every cent if you like doing it yourself! 

Have a great Monday!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...