Monday, August 26, 2013

Biscuit Goes to School!

It's Freebie Week on the blog this week!  That means each day I'll have a different mini-freebie for you, so be sure and check back!  It all leads up to some super fun happenings on Friday, so you'll just have to wait and see! :)

Biscuit is back and he's trying to sneak off to school.  I love Biscuit books, as I'm sure you're aware.  This one is a little different than the others though.  It's an "I Can Read" book, so I'm able to use it with more than just my preschoolers.  My first and second graders can practice decoding and comprehending with this one.  Check out Biscuit Goes to School.


You can still add velcro and place the pictures inside the book to practice vocabulary.  You can check out some of my previous Biscuit posts to see how I do it.


I've got a little mini-companion pack for you to use with this book, in case you need something for that first or second week of school!  Of course, it comes with some cute vocab cards.


You can use them for simple describing or labeling or velcro them inside to make it more interactive.  It also comes with apple comprehension questions to help with both answering WH questions and story retell.

Students can also draw pictures to retell and sequence the events in the story using this chart.


Also included is an open-ended coloring sheet that can be used with any target...artic sounds, language concept, fluency, etc.


Several of my preschool and kindergarteners are working on prepositions, so the packet comes with a section to target just that.  Just cut out and have students place the puppy in different places in relation to the school house.  


Hope you can use these!  You can grab these freebies HERE!  Happy back to school for those of you just starting :)  Please leave a comment below if you download.  



6 comments:

  1. Well done Lauren...this looks great! Thank you for sharing! I'm going to try very hard to remember to share each daily freebie post this week on my FB page! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us this week :)

    Abby
    Schoolhouse Talk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful companion! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...