This 113 page packet is jammed packed with content on how to assess and intervene with bilingual children. The focus of the material is to provide evidence for your EBP when dealing with ELL kiddos. It will also give you some recommendations on how to intervene.
This packet is a great way to learn some good research-based information on bilingual language development and language differences and disorders. You can also teach yourself assessment and therapy strategies.
Some of the objectives include:
- Describe the sequence of typical bilingual development
- Explain the process of second language acquisition in children
- Contrast communication differences vs. disorders in bilingual children
- Discuss research driven evidence based practices in assessment of bilingual children
- Demonstrate potential limitations of standardized testing
- Explain concerns about reporting standard scores
- Illustrate how to use alternative methods of assessment to avoid bias
- Describe research driven practices in treatment of bilingual kids with confirmed language disorders.
Tatyana thoroughly explains normal bilingual language development and acquisition.
She also gives evidence based intervention approaches.
I saved this pdf power point on my iPad in iBooks. That way I can refer to it whenever I need. It's a great resource to have on hand, especially when prepping for team meetings involving bilingual cases.
Tatyana blogs over at Smart Speech Therapy. Check out her information:
Today, Tatyana is actually reviewing my Common Core RtI Pack for K-2. You can check out her review here!
We decided to do a Rafflecopter giveaway of each of our products on our blogs! So enter below to win a copy of my Common Core RtI Assessment Pack and head over to her blog to enter for a chance to win Language Difference vs. Language Disorder: Assessment and Intervention Strategies for SLPs Working with Bilingual Children.
a Rafflecopter giveaway