Here is a view of the home screen. You can jump to "Quick Play," if you just want to practice without tracking data. Choose "Select Player" to import students into the program for data tracking.
You can choose your target based on 4 different areas: phonemes, phonological processes, manner of articulation, or number of syllables.
The phoneme option will prompt you to select specific phonemes as well as the position of the word.
The phonological processes option will allow you select specific phonological processes.
You are also able to select manner of articulation...
After choosing your targets, you can further modify the sessions by selecting or deselecting specific words. I love this option! If a word is unfamiliar or too difficulty, you can opt to deselect it.
All of these options allow you to really customize for your students' specific needs. Now let's look at the drill screens.
There is also a "Notes" option to add personal information on a target.
The words can be targeted in words, phrases, or sentences...and you don't even have to reset the game to change between them! Just click on the tabs.
Change the settings by tapping the icon on the left side of the screen.
Clicking the "Home" button will prompt you to terminate the session. You can view student reports at this time or you can choose the "Reports" icon on the home screen.
The data you are given is very specific to each student. Tap "Share" to print, email the results to yourself, or save in TRC.
What I dig about this app:
- I love that you can choose targets in so many different ways. I can use the same app to practice lots of different goals.
- You can easily switch between words, phrases, and sentences without having to reset.
- It's highly customizable.
- The data gathered is specific and voice recordings are saved.
- I like that it's pretty easy for kids to use themselves. I can put them on it during a center and have them record themselves. I can then listen and go back and tally.
What could make it better:
- There really is not many cons to this app. One thing that might help would be to have a matching game option to make it more fun for the kiddos.
This app is reasonably priced at $38.99. Grab it in iTunes HERE! The opinions in this app review were all my own.
What do you think? What are your favorite artic apps??