Thursday, May 23, 2013

Biscuit's First Beach Day

I don't know about you, but I ready for some R & R this summer!  Between weddings, showers, babies being born, and planning for next year, I'm hoping to squeeze in a beach trip or 2.  The beach is one of my favorite parts of summer!  I try to go at least once or twice every year.  :)


In light of some sunny summer beach trips, I've got another Biscuit freebie for you!  Biscuit's First Beach Day is a cute little story to read with your kiddos around this time.  It'd also be great to save for therapy in August, especially since we have to go back August 5th!!  It keeps getting earlier and earlier. Lol.

If you aren't familiar with how I like to use Biscuit books, be sure and check out my previous posts like THIS one.

Included in this mini companion pack, I've got some vocab picture cards for you.  Of course, I velcro them inside the book for interactive fun!


There are also starfish comprehension cards, that include basic WH questions about the story.  These are perfect for my kindergarteners!


Nearly all of my preschoolers are working on basic concepts or understanding adjectives.  I made a few "find something" cards just for them.  They pick a card and have to find something in the book with that concept.


This sequencing sheet allows kids to draw the events of the story in the squares.  I usually help them talk about each one while we draw pictures.


And of course an open-ended coloring sheet that can be used with any target!


You can download these freebies HERE or just add it to your dropbox for later!  Yay beach!  Please leave a comment below if you download! :)  Happy summer!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I have a student who loves Biscuit! She even named her dog Biscuit! She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! One of my favourite blogs to read :)

    smilespeech.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute. Thank you for sharing! I'm sure my students will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...