Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Superhero Comic Book Companion Pack!

Do your students adore superheroes as much as mine?  I had one client who was convinced he was spiderman and was crazy obsessed with all things to do with him.  We were afraid he would start climbing the walls lol.

The good thing about kids that love these characters is that it gives us a great motivational tool to get them to work and READ!  Lots of my kids love comic books.  I think they love the fact that it's mostly pictures.  What they don't realize is I can get SO much language and communication skills from these books...even though they are full of illustrations.

You can usually grab comic books from your school or local library.  I actually scored a couple of comics from Chick-fil-A kid's meals lol.  It's SuperCow!  Bahahaha...saving the world one chicken at a time.


I also grabbed a few of these magazines from the school library.  The stories are short and perfect for a therapy session.  :)



These are just a few reasons why I created my new Superhero Comic Book Companion Pack!  Check it out. .  .


This download is packed with tons of activities to use with those comics.  It includes an open-ended game board,

-Graphic organizer worksheets that address story elements, main idea, cause and effect, inferencing, summarizing, sequencing, and compare/contrast.



-Vocabulary sheets for finding new words, synonyms, and antonyms.


-WH question cards, onomatopoeia worksheet, and simile/metaphor worksheet.


-Complete the comic strip and create-your-own comic strips.  I love these sheets!  So fun for them.  :)


-There's also story starters/writing prompts, composition sheet, and articulation cards for words and sentences.

-Pragmatic activities include sort the appropriate/inappropriate behaviors and character feeling worksheets.


-Finally, there's a section for students to create and illustrate their very own comic books as well as open-ended homework sheets.



What do you think?  I'm excited about using it with my kids this week!  Grab those comic books and get busy!  You can snag this download at my TPT store HERE!  

*I've also got a FREE copy to give away to one of my fabulous followers!  Just make sure you follow my blog, FB page, or TPT store and comment below to enter.  :) :)  


11 comments:

  1. This looks like a lot of fun! I think the kiddos are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great!! Kids will be so motivated to work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the superhero stuff coming out. I did my room in that theme and love the materials you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I need to win this, it would be SUPER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who isn't motivated by superheroes?? alewis725@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so creative and will be extremely popular with the kids who love superheroes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great packet! The kiddos love superheroes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so fun! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really unique idea! Kids should really get a kick out of this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carly! Random number generator picked your number! Congrats! Send me an email at busybeespeech@gmail.com to claim your prize. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...