Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pirate Treasure Speech ~ FREEBIE

Aaaarrgh!  It's Talk Like a Pirate Day on Friday, September 19th!  We've been breaking out all things pirate in the speech room this week.  I've even drummed up a little open ended freebie for you that can accompany any card deck or target skill.


You can play this game using the enclosed coin squares OR use your own plastic coins/candy coins.  I used some chocolate coins that someone had given me.  You could really use anything appropriate for a treasure chest.


The kids get a kick out of the shiny "treasure."  Aye, treasure!


Included in this packet are treasure chest mats to keep their cards and coins, number cards, wild cards, and coin squares.




To play, just print multiple copies of the coin cards (I do like 3) and one copy of the wild cards.  The kids choose a card to see how many coins they get to put on their mat.  The person with the most coins when the cards run out is the winner.

I love open-ended games because they are so versatile.  I pretty much use them with nearly all of my students.  Makes planning super easy.  You can grab this freebie at my TPT store HERE!  Don't forget to leave some lovely feedback if you download.  ;)

Happy Pirate Day!!

1 comment:

  1. This is an adorable reinforcement tool! Very versatile and fun. My students have been enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...