Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Therapy Fun Find: Busy Bag Exchange

It's time for Therapy Fun Find, where I showcase an idea or activity or anything that catches my eye as useful for therapy!


And oh. my. goodness.  I am loving this idea that I came across from Second Story Window.  It's called a busy bag exchange, and I am digging this in so many ways.

Source
First of all, I love the bags that they made.  They are great for your littles and most of the bags target lots of fine motor and can easily be adapted to elicit language.

Source
The ideas for use of some of these cute activities are endless.  I especially liked the "No Sew Fishing Game," the "Race Car Shapes," and the "Play Dough Mats."  Ok ok I liked them all!  

Another reason that I am in love with this idea is that it's an excuse to have a party...aaannnd to revamp it to make it more relevant for us, a speechie party!!  The premise behind the bag exchange is similar to that of a cookie exchange (if you've ever been to one of those around Christmas time).

Each person signs up to make and bring enough bags for the amount of people going.  In our case, it might be speech therapy material bags (handmade activities would probably be the most economical).  Everyone gets together and explains their bags and gives them out.  Soooo, if 10 people come to the party, you'd walk away with 10 new therapy activities!  Cool, right?  Check out more ideas and tips on how to host over at Second Story Window.

I think one of my speechie friends and I are in the process of setting up one of these bag exchanges!  Be sure and stay tuned for what we come up with.  :)  Oh, and if you decide to have a party of your own, pretty puh-lease email me a pic so I can feature it!

What do you think?  Are you as excited about this idea as I am?  I really wish I lived close to all of you.  Then we could have one gigantic party!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Again, BRILLIANCE! I can barely keep up with all the clever ideas! I have just initiated a regional organization for SLPs, OTs, and Special Educators and I think this is going to be our first activity!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...