Monday, December 31, 2012

V-day Sock Monkey Artic

I've got another Valentine activity for you!  This one uses cute little sock monkeys.  My grandmother actually made me one when I was little, and I've had a soft spot for them ever since.  :)

Check these babies out!


This 42-page articulation packet targets articulation sounds and includes visual cues on each card.

Move across the fun little game board by choosing a heart number card.  Then choose a target card and say the word correctly.


To make the game more interesting, have the kids also choose a monkey face card to say their word in different ways.  Some examples include say and spell it, say it 10 times, or say it in a silly voice.

There are 192 articulation cards that target the following sounds: /s, r, l, k, f, sh, ch, th/.  24 cards are included for each phoneme - 6 initial 1 syllable word cards, 6 initial 2-3 syllable words, 6 medial cards, and 6 final cards.
You can grab this at my TPT store here!  Don't forget to leave feedback once you purchase.  :)

*I'll give a free copy of this activity to the first 2 blog followers that comment on this post with their email address!  To become a follower, just click the "join this site" on the right.

**Oh, and today Busy Bee Speech has been featured over at Presence Learning for one of their 12 days of speech activities!  Head on over there and check it out!!  :)

14 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! This will go on my wishlist.
    You have some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you follow my blog and give me your email, I'll send you a free copy! :)

      Delete
    2. I do follow you email is ams10@royell.org
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for all the great work!
    blairhoffman@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you follow my blog, I'll send you a free copy! If you already do, let me know your username because I couldn't find it :) :)

      Delete
  3. I signed up to follow by email blairhoffman@verizon.net

    If this isn't right, please tell me how to do it.

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok great! Thanks! Check your email :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, looking forward to it!

      Delete
    3. It said delivery failure...do you have another email address I can use?

      Delete
    4. bhoffman@mtplcsd.org

      Let me know if that works...or else I'll find another. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Super Cute!

    I love Valentine's Day!

    Jenna
    SpeechRoomNews@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection of sounds and I love the cards that direct the students to say the words different ways. I often challenge my students to say the sound as many times as possible (and we keep track with a clicker). This will be a fun way to achieve that goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow your blog through email, but for some reason it wouldn't let me publish a comment from my phone. Now that I am home I am trying again!! This activity looks so awesome! I love sock monkeys!!
    Amy Roberts
    roberts4@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow you by email. thedabblingspeechie@gmail.com. Your pack looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...