Thursday, December 18, 2014

Merry Christmas From Our Speech Room {& a Freebie!}

We've been decking the halls in speech this month!  From gingerbread men to Christmas trees, we've been busy!

I always like to start off December with a gingerbread unit.  The kids love it, and it never seems to get old.  A few of my favorite gingerbread books are:
  • The Gingerbread Man (always a classic)
  • Gingerbread Pirates - I found a cute unit to go along with this one on TPT here.  
  • The Gingerbread Cowboy
  • Gingerbread Baby - There are some great TPT resources for this one too!  Check out this free one from Mindy Stenger and this one from Super Power Speech.

We also decorated gingerbread men, did worksheets and 100-dot sheets, and played Gingerbread Speech!




After we finished our gingerbread unit, we went all out Christmas!  A couple Christmas books I frequently use are:
  • Biscuit's Christmas Eve (with a freebie here!)
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell - I use Jenn's companion pack with this one
  • Little People Christmas flap book - My littles absolutely love it.
  •  I Spy Christmas 
Along with these books, we described reindeer with the EET!


We played Bingo and Cariboo and looked through toy catalogs.




We also made Christmas tree sentences and used lots of worksheets.



Whew!  It's been crazy but fun.

Lastly, I decided to give out little treat bags to some of my students.  Aren't they cute?


I made adorable speechy Christmas labels with funny little sayings on them to tie onto the bags.


A few of my students and co-workers usually give me gifts at Christmas time, so I made simple thank you cards to hand out.  There are fancy chalkboard ones for my co-workers and more cutesy-type ones for my students.  I tried to leave enough space for you to sign your name.


You can grab these labels and thank you cards for free HERE!

Enjoy!  Here's to your last few days before break!  Merry Christmas!


3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great December! Have a blessed holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the adorable FREE Christmas card Thank You's! I was just thinking yesterday that I wished I had something like this to give my teachers and students/parents to thank them for their gifts. We are now officially on winter break, but I will definitely be giving these to them as soon as we go back! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...