I thought I'd share a little peek at what's on my Kindle just in case you're a fellow book-lover. Be sure and check out last year's book list post as well to get even more ideas! A couple of disclaimers: These books are not all speech related - just a good mix of what I'm wanting to read. Also this post contains Amazon-affiliate links for your convenience.
1. Bridge to Haven ~ Francine Rivers
2. The Selection ~ Kiera Cass
3. The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism ~ Naoki Higashida
This is the first book in the SLP book club hosted by [simply speech.]. It gives a glimpse into the mind of a 13 year old boy with autism and how he struggles and responds in different situations. Sounds fascinating!
4. Crazy Busy: A (Mercifully) Short Book about a (Really) Big Problem ~ Kevin DeYoung
This one's a Christian book that helps to find a balance in our crazy busy world. He gives lots of biblical principals to help us find the root of our busy problems.
5. I Am in Here: The Journey of a Child with Autism Who Cannot Speak but Finds Her Voice ~ Elizabeth Bonker
This is another book about a child with autism. This little girl learns to communicate by letter board then by typing and eventually begins to write amazing poetry. Sounds right up my alley!
6. Defending Jacob: A Novel ~ William Landay
This one was recommended to me last year. It tells the story of an attorney who ends up having to defend his son in a murder investigation. Sounds like a thriller for sure!
7. Out of My Mind ~ Sharon Draper
8. Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World ~ Bob Goff
I usually read at least 10 books, so I'll probably read the rest of the trilogy by Kiera Cass as well as whatever other books are in simply speech's reading club.
What books are on your list this summer?? I'd LOVE to hear from you!