Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bilingual Resources Linky!

I'm linking up with the Dabbling Speechie to talk about all things bilingual!  We are sharing any resources or ideas that we have to help our multi-cultural kiddos.  If you have the privilege of working with this type of population, you won't want to miss this linky.  :)


Well, it just so happens that I've got a few products in my TPT store that are geared toward Spanish/English speaking students.  These have really come in handy for me.

1.  Spanish Articulation Screener


Sometimes it's hard to find materials for Spanish articulation skills.  I created this screener to help me determine if further testing is needed and to give me a nice overview of where their artic skills break down in Spanish.


2.  WH Question Pirates - Spanish


This pirate-themed game targets asking and answering questions in Spanish.  My kids love pirates, and SO many of them have trouble with questions.  This one and the English one have been a big hit!  :)


3.  Parent Letters for Speech Therapy - English/Spanish


This resource has been great for my students whose parents do not speak English.  I can now send home all of the same letters that I send throughout the year, and they can read them and respond with no problem.


4.  Apps

Bilingual or spanish apps are also great resources for your speech room.  Here are a few of my favorites:

-Bilingual Articulation and Phonology Assessment (BAPA)
-Adjectivos Remix
-Speech with Milo (Spanish): Verbs and Prepositions
-Lego Duplo Zoo --> This one is a wordless interactive story/game that's super cute!  I can always get tons of language in with this app (no matter the language they speak).  Plus, it's free!
-Check out THIS post from GeekSLP for 5 of her favorite Spanish apps

Well, that about wraps up my list.  Be sure and visit the Dabbling Speechie for lots more resources!  What are some of your favorite bilingual products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...