Friday, November 30, 2012

Cause and Effect Arcade

I'm taking a little break from the fun Christmas activities (by "little" I mean tiny!) to do a cause and effect game for my 4th graders.  I needed some type of game that I could bring into the classroom, but that also would give them a variety of practice.

To make it a little more motivating for them, it's arcade-themed!  I'm loving these graphics.  :)


Kids move across a game board of tickets by rolling the dice and answering the questions on the cards.


Their cause and effect skills are targeted by 3 types of question cards:



1.  Ball pit cards - students identify whether the underlined portion of the sentence is the cause or the effect.












2.  Skee-ball cards - students answer a cause or effect question about a paragraph.











3. Toy claw cards - students come up with their own cause or effect for a situation.











The game also has wild cards, blank cards, an answer key, and cause/effect strategy cards with key words.
Grab this at my TPT store HERE!  Enjoy!!  :)

Clipart by: JWIllustrations

4 comments:

  1. Where do I find your store to purchase this? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I updated the post to include the link! You can find it here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Cause-and-Effect-Arcade :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...